How reliable is Azure AD?
The multi-tenant, geo-distributed, high availability design of Azure AD means that you can rely on it for your most critical business needs. Running out of 28 data centers around the world with automated failover, you’ll have the comfort of knowing that Azure AD is highly reliable and that even if a data center goes down, copies of your directory data are live in at least two more regionally dispersed data centers and available for instant access.
What is Azure AD B2C ?
- It is a Citizen and Consumer facing identity and access management service.
- IT integrates easily with modern web and and mobile Apps.
- Highly available and scales to hundreds of millions of citizens and consumers.
- Integrates with Azure AD directory but provides lesss controld of the indentity data and lifecycle.
- It supports a customisable experience & self service for citizens and customers.
The interaction of every app with a v2.0 endpoint follows a similar high-level pattern:
1. The app directs the user to the v2.0 endpoint to execute a policy.
2. The user completes the policy according to the policy definition.
3. The app receives some kind of security token from the v2.0 endpoint.
4. The app uses the security token to access protected information or a protected resource.
5. The resource server validates the security token to verify that access can be granted.
6. The app periodically refreshes the security token.
These steps can differ slightly based on the type of app you’re building. Open source libraries can address the details for you.
Workflow of Azure AD in Web App
Workflow of Azure AD in Web APIs
Workflow of Azure AD in Native/Mobile Apps