Build automation tools: These tools automate the process of creating a software build, compiling source code, and packaging the code.
(image source : Continuous delivery tool landscape · James Bowman)
Some build automation tools are:
• Apache Maven (https://maven.apache.org/ download.cgi)
• Apache Ant (https://ant.apache.org/ bindownload.cgi)
• Boot (http://boot-clj.com)
• Gradle (https://gradle.org)
• Grunt (https://gruntjs.com)
• MSBuild (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/ download/details.aspx?id=48159)
• Waf (https://waf.io)
Continuous Integration tools: These tools create builds and run tests automatically when the code changes are checked in to the central repository.
Some Continuous Integration tools are:
• Bamboo (https://www.atlassian.com/software/ bamboo/download)
• Buildbot (https://buildbot.net)
• Hudson (http://hudson-ci.org)
• TeamCity (https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity)
Testing tools: These tools automate the testing process. These tools help organizations achieve configuration and delivery management needs in a specified time frame.
Here are commonly used testing tools :
• Selenium (http://www.seleniumhq.org)
• Watir (http://watir.com)
• Wapt (https://www.loadtestingtool.com)
• Apache JMeter (http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi)
Version control system: This is a configuration management system that takes care of all the changes made to documents, codes, files, etc.
Here are commonly used version control systems :
• Subversion (https://subversion.apache.org)
• Team Foundation Server (TFS) (https://www. visualstudio.com/tfs)
• GIT (https://git-scm.com)
• Mercurial (https://www.mercurial-scm.org)
• Perforce (https://www.perforce.com)
Code review tools: These tools help organizations improve the quality of their code.
Hare are some code review tools :
• Crucible (https://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible)
• Gerrit (https://www.gerritcodereview.com)
• GitHub (https://github.com)
• Bitbucket Server (https://www.atlassian.com/ software/bitbucket/server)
Continuous Delivery/release management tools: These tools automate the process of building and testing code changes for release to production.
Some of such tools are:
• XL Release (https://xebialabs.com/products/ xl- release)
• ElectricFlow (http://electric-cloud.com/ products/electricflow)
• Serena Release (https://www.microfocus.com/serena)
• Octopus Deploy (https://octopus.com)
These tools combine the functionalities of above listed tools.
Here are some of such tools which offers all functionality under one umbrella.
• ProductionMap (http://www.productionmap. com)
• Jenkins (https://jenkins.io)
• Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) (https://visualstudio.com/teamservices)
• AWS CodePipeline (https://aws.amazon.com/codepipeline)